Thursday, July 22, 2010

How does one convey the excitement that is felt?

I am in this situation where I am very excited to see someone soon. It may be almost a week away but I seriously cannot wait for her to come back. I am not sad that she is gone but just really happy that she will be coming back and that I get to be back around her. She is definitely a highlight of each day that I see her.

I have been very excited for her while she has been gone. I envy her and I think about her often, all the while hoping that things are going great for her. I miss her smile. I miss our little conversations about nothing in particular. I am most excited to just be around her. To see her everyday again.

I may sound like a sap right now but I cannot help how I feel about this. I have adapted to her being gone but now all I was is to see her and go on trips with her and go to dinner and fall asleep watching a movie. All of these things that people in "normal" relationships get to do all of the time. I want that. I am excited to have that soon.

The problem is that I am not sure how to convey that to her. In case you have not noticed, I am not an overly expressive person. That makes it hard for me to express my excitement for things. This often gets me into trouble when people do not think that I care about what they are saying to me. So, how do I show her how excited I am to see her? I also do not want her to think that I have been pining after her for the last month. I have missed her but my life has been pretty good without her around.

So how do I tell her all of this? More importantly, how do I show her all of this?

I will just be me and she will know.

No comments: