Saturday, July 03, 2010

Revisiting Goals

At the beginning of May, I set some bold goals. Each one was one that I thought would be possible at that time. A lot has changed since I made those goals. That is not to say that I do not want to accomplish them, the time tables just need to change. My job structure has changed, a new person has come into my life, and I have been unable to run for the last 3 weeks due to a nagging calf injury. Here is an update on where I am at with each of those goals.

  • Lose 20 pounds by August - This one was accomplished by the beginning of June. The trick from now on is just maintaining it. I am very proud that I was able to do this.
  • Run in 3 5ks by October - This one will have to change since I have been unable to run any 5ks since I made this goal. I starting working summer camp and have less free time to run them and this injury is definitely putting me back. I will amend this goal to be Run 1 5k by October.
  • Participate in a Triathlon next summer - I believe this one is still doable as long as there not something seriously wrong with my calf. Lets keep this goal for the time being.
  • Participate in the 24 hours of Moab within 2 years - Definitely still doable. I am confidant that I can make this happen. I am still looking for interested parties willing to join me on this adventure.
  • Find a cause to do this for - I have found my cause. I have decided to do all of this in the name of research for Heart Disease and Cancer. There will be one that will be completely devoted to Transplants as well. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to do this for these causes as they are affecting me the most and affect the most people in the world.
There will always be time for these goals and I am still committed. I also have decided not to create another blog that is devoted to it as this is an extension of who I am. I might as well keep it all together. So all future updates will come through here. I will also eventually put up a place where people can donate and such. Keep coming back for more updates as well as random ramblings on my life.

No comments: