Monday, February 16, 2009

A-Rod or A-Roid?

That has been the story of sports for the last week. The world is both shocked and not shocked at the exact same time. The elitist have come out to admonish him and the "good souls" praise him for his honesty. Though, that honesty only came after he was caught. What is the real verdict? there is no possible way to have a right answer here? We are all right and we are all wrong with this issue.

I am personally saddened that he did use them but I do not think this makes him any less of a baseball player nor man. He was put in a extreme situation that many of us will never understand. The pressure, the expectations, the reality are all things only he really knew. I would like to think that I would not do what he did in that situation but to be honest, I may have. I may have done whatever it took to make the people around me believe in me. Does that mean I am right? Not necessarily.

The real problem I have is with the world and their moral high ground they think they are on. I am not only talking of this situation but others. Whether it is politics, parenting, education, religion, everyone thinks they are in the right and everyone else just has it wrong. That is the real problem with the world. Not that we don't believe in anything or that we are arrogant. It is the lack of understanding or compassion for others situations. Judgment and criticism are the way of the world now.

This all may sound hypocritical coming from a guy writing as a critic of the world, but it really does fit in with what I am saying. I am trying to understand and have some compassion, why don't you try doing the rest. Give the guy a break, he understands things that we never will. And I thank god I don't have his problems.

No comments: