Every Sunday morning I wake up and turn on my computer on the way to the bathroom. I begin to brew some coffee and have a seat at my computer. I go through my regular motions of websites by hitting the morning coffee button on my browser. The usuals include ESPN.com, The Morning News, Woot.com, CNN, Facebook, Gmail, and Aint it Cool News. I do the obligatory surfing that leads to other websites through my originals, all connecting to a theme. The coffee is finished and I go make my normal cup which includes both sugar and cream. The ratio of sugar and cream varies on the day and mood. I sit back down at my computer, coffee in hand and on Sundays only, I get a special treat, PostSecret.
I love Sunday mornings and this website is one of the main reasons. It is a website dedicated to people sharing secrets anonymously through postcards. I love this idea. Every Sunday morning I wake up excited to read them but only after I have my coffee in my hand. It is a ritual that I find very satisfying. I find myself connecting with others secrets in ways I am unable to in real life at times. I feel that, at times, it is easier and means more when you do not know the person who shares in the same troubles/joys.
So take a look at the website and join the masses in gravitating to anonymous secrets on Sunday Mornings. It is beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment